Workers' compensation costs go up by accident... but they certainly do not come down by accident. Managing a workers' compensation claim is a serious undertaking in which errors and missteps can be extremely costly. The manner in which an individual claim is managed determines not only its own direct cost, but also its financial impact on premiums in subsequent years.
At Stephenson+Brook, claim consultants have an average of ten years of professional experience. They bring this experience, as well as interpersonal skill and interdisciplinary expertise, to the benefit of every client and every claim.
- Review all existing open claims. Design and execute a strategy for closure with optimal cost-saving impact.
- Manage individual lost time claims, when beneficial, evaluate and price cost-effective lump-sum settlements.
- Conduct an independent medical review and work with attending physicians to establish timely and realistic medical and lost time assessments.
- Work with client's staff and legal counsel to prepare for proceedings.
- Audit, assess and negotiate favorable reserves.
- Handle reporting and statistical analysis, including unit statistical review with the insurance carrier.